Friday, April 1, 2011

A is for Apples and Ants

I like apples!

I'm a teacher!  Of course I like apples, right?  Actually, I love Jonathan apples!  They're named after my brother, Jon ☺.  My friends and I have gone to a nearby apple orchard for the past couple of Septembers to pick raspberries (yummy to eat and make into jam or a pie!) and I always have to pick a bag of my Jonathan Apples!  YUM!

I don't like ants!

They are just creepy crawly and annoying!  A few years ago, ants found their way into my apartment and into my cats' food dish!  It was horrible!  They had a never ending line of ants going from where they entered in my bedroom, where the floor meets the wall, to the cats' food dish!  I bought ant poison and had the apartment's bug guy come out and spray.  I poured baby powder (I read that somewhere online) where on my bedroom floor where they had found their way in.  One or all of those methods worked, because I didn't have any more ants the rest of the time I lived there!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie,

    Just dropping by to say hi. I've taken the challenge too.

    We have a mulberry tree in the yard-- delicious. This year the waxwings didn't come so we get to eat a few of them. But without the birds, those berries are making a big mess on the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can concur with your like and dislike.

    By the way, the link you left in the signature on the comment you left me didn't seem to be done correctly.

    Hope you will love this Challenge and gain much from it. I am a new follower now.


    Contrary to my usual practice of subscribing to comments, to save time during challenge I will not be doing so during April. If you want to respond to my comment , please email me directly from your email notification for the comment.
    Thanks.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Tell me what ya think!