Saturday, April 9, 2011

H is for Hamlet and Hot Food

I like Hamlet.

When I was still going to my local community college, I took a Shakespeare class.  We read several pieces of Shakepeare's work, but Hamlet was, by far, my favorite.
I love Hamlet's soliloquies.
Of course, there is the famous "To be, or not to be" (Act 3 Scene 1):


Then there is my all time favorite soliloquy (Act 1 Scene 2):


And, although my mom isn't a huge Hamlet fan, I do have to include this scene just for her ☺ (sorry it's so big, if there is a way to make it smaller, I don't know...)

(I think she's a little freaked out by his glowing blue eyes, and the way he says "horrible" at about the 5:00 mark)

You may have noticed that all of my clips are from Kenneth Branagh's 1996 version of Hamlet.  I am a big fan of Kenneth Branagh (he has been in several adaptations of William Shakespeare)!



I don't like hot (spicy) food.
You may be noticing a trend here with my A-Z dislikes...I'm a pretty picky eater!  I don't like foods that are hot and spicy.  I'm a bland person.  I'm okay with that.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm off to eat some bland food while reading Hamlet! ☺

3 comments:

  1. I am a picky eater also! Glad you enjoy Hamlet, I never got into Shakespeare???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go for bland over hot - in food only =)
    Happy H day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i took a shakespeare class too when i was going to my local community college. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Tell me what ya think!