Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for Frankenmuth and Farting Dogs

I like Frankenmuth, Michigan.

Back when I was away at college, my mom, grandma (Gigi), and I started a new tradition.  Every winter I would drive from college, and they would drive from home, and we would meet in Frankenmuth for the weekend.  We always had a BLAST!  We laughed nonstop all weekend long!  Several years ago, after my grandma was unable to make the trip anymore, my mom and I continued to make our yearly weekend trip to Frankenmuth.  Inevitably, throughout our weekend, random funny memories of previous trips with Gigi would pop up and we would laugh all over again.
Gigi passed away this past summer.  Trips to Frankenmuth will never be the same, but we will always have the memories.




I don't like farting dogs.
(talk about a complete turn around in subject matter!)

Sosha has a sensitive tummy.  If she eats too many "treats", we all pay for it later.  Sosha's gas can clear a room for hours!  I keep "fart pills" on hand at all times.  Sometimes they help; sometimes they don't.  It's not pretty when they don't!  I still love her...I just have to give her some (well ventilated) space sometimes! ☺

5 comments:

  1. Aw, sweet memories! Thanks for sharing about your weekend trips!

    And, believe it or not, I have sweet memories of my own farting dog. :P My pup used to have the worst gas when she got into something she shouldn't and it was terrible. She passed away of old age years ago but I still think sometimes of her sniffing her own butt, confounded about that bad smell, and it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie,

    I wandered over here from your mom's blog. It's funny that you both chose Frankenmuth as your "F" topic.

    I enjoyed your post very much - I think it was wonderful for you to have your mom and grandmother share such a lovely time with you, and make such lasting memories.

    As to farting dogs...my little dog doesn't have an actual farting problem, but when she does on occasion pass a little wind it is so funny to see, because she is so startled but doesn't really understand why - it's too funny!

    I've added myself as a follower, so I'll be popping around again!

    Happy thoughts,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie! What a fun blog! I am your newest follower! I will be back for sure...:)

    Lisa
    www.diaryofasquaretoothedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome that you, your mom, and your grandmother had such wonderful memories together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet faced doggie. i might actually forgive her for nasty faarts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Tell me what ya think!