Thursday, July 14, 2011

For the Love of Harry Potter

Hello, my name is Jamie, and...I'm addicted to Harry Potter.  Wow, it feels good to get that off my chest! ☺

I've read - and own - all the books...
And, okay, yes, I've also just given away my secret
love of Twilight ☺
And, I've seen - and own - all the movies...
You may notice (if you're an HP fan too) that I'm missing
Year 5...I know it's around here somewhere, but in my
move from Georgia to Michigan a couple of years ago,
that DVD got separated from the rest of the set, and
since most of my things are still in storage, I haven't
found it yet... :^(
I'm just as excited (and a bit sad that it's all ending) as everyone else about the last movie opening.  I've been watching all kinds of you tube videos.  I won't put them all in this post for two reasons...1) If you are not a Harry Potter fan, it will just bore you ☺ and 2) If you are a fan, I'm sure you've either already seen most of them, or can go to you tube and watch the ones you want to see. ☺

I've loved watching the main trio of characters grow up - both in the books and the actors who play them.  All of the actors they chose for the movies fit perfectly with what they looked like in my head while I read the books.  My favorite character has always been Ron.  He's just...Ron...He's funny, terribly afraid of spiders, and (even though he doesn't always show it) smart!
And doesn't Rupert Grint (the actor) make the best
faces for Ron? ☺
In the beginning, I was not a fan.  I was in college, and one of my roommates had had to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for her Children's Lit. class.  I knew I had that class coming up the next semester, and with the popularity of the books, I figured it'd be required for my class as well.  With the book being a bit longer than the rest of the required readings, I figured, I might as well get a head start on it.  So, that summer, I bought that first book, and started reading.  I read the first chapter, and thought how ridiculous is it that they have a cat who turns into a person.  Most of all, it was the cigarette lighter "Put-Outer" that did it for me.  I read that, and was done.  This had to be the weirdest, stupidest book I'd ever read. (Turned out I didn't have to read this book for Children's Lit.).
Fast forward a couple of years.  I don't remember exactly when I picked the books up again, but I think it was around the time the first movie came out.  I decided to try again, and so I started rereading the first book, and made myself push past the "Put-Outer" nonsense and finish the book...Well, I was hooked before I was even half way through the book!  Since then, I've bought and read every book, and seen (almost all) of the movies in the theater and then bought them when they came out on DVD.  (By the way, I don't think the "Put-Outer", which is actually called a Deluminator, is such nonsense anymore!)
I will not be going on opening night tonight to see this last movie (too crazy!), but I will be seeing it at some point while it's in theaters.  And I can't wait!

Are you a Harry Potter fan?  Are you going to see the movie?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Tell me what ya think!